WIRE is a statewide community service organization established in 1981 through the Electric Cooperatives of South Carolina, Inc.
WIRE's motto is People Helping People, and to that end members aid victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, and house fires. They support homeless shelters, children's homes, and programs like Habitat for Humanity and the Palmetto Project. WIRE is involved in Operation Santa Claus and visiting nursing homes during the Week of Sharing.
WIRE does the following:
· Promotes understanding of and interest in the rural electrification movement;
· Supports the member owned electric cooperatives as they improve the quality of life in rural South Carolina and the nation;
· Opens communication between local electric cooperatives, statewide and national associations;
· Assists local, state, and national rural electric organizations in carrying out their legislative and public relations programs; and
· Establishes relationships with other women's organizations helping to gain support and understanding for rural electrification programs.
Women eligible for membership include: consumer members, employees, employees' wives, retirees formerly associated with electric cooperatives, directors, and directors' wives. WIRE chapters are established by local electric cooperatives to work within their own service area. These chapters operate within the network of the South Carolina WIRE and the Cooperative Service Network. Each cooperative designates a key woman to work with state and national organizations and local managers.
Please mail or fax your application by June 3, 2013, to Scholarship Chair Bobbie Cook, Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc., P.O. Box 417, Aiken, SC 29802, fax (803) 641-8310
|2013 WIRE Application||264.01 KB|